In this second meeting points over default Makefiles were discussed. Ninja can be used as an alternative for Makefiles.
- What is the use of
Makefile.depsconsists of many used and unused snippets. These snippets help setup the build and test environment for fossology. Since there are many directories that are hardcoded, special care is required while replacing this file.
Makefile.processgenerates a master variable from list of variables. It assists the script in
Makefile.conffile. These files together generate a list of variables that can be used throughout the build process.
- The build can be made faster using Ninja instead of Make.
- Ninja supports parallel builds by default.
- Print the flags used once the CMake configuration is working. That will help us debug the process.
Conclusion and Further Plans
- Write a CMakeLists.txt for lib.
- Push the working branch and update the link either on wiki or blog.
This Blog is licensed under Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International